I was pleased to find out that the clearance aisle at Michaels was on sale for an additional 50% off the lowest price. I stopped today and found some great deals.
I ended up with approximately $55 of merchandise for only $12! That’s a savings of 78%!
- Springfield pop princess doll outfits, regular price $19.99, $5.99
- Springfield argyle tee and skirt doll outfit, regular price $9.99, $1.99
- Art Minds 2-color tie dye kit, regular price $5.99, $.89
- 4 magic paint poster kits (12 sheets each), regular price $1, $.24 each
- Scotch 2 pk super glue gel, regular price $4.99, $.49
- Sculpey Pluffy modeling clay kit, regular price $9.99, $1.99
Alligator Girl is excited to have some new clothes for her American Girl doll. She used her birthday money to purchase these. Both kids are happy to have a few arts and crafts supplies to entertain them this summer.
Have you found any good deals at Michaels lately?
Both of my children’s feet have grown quite a bit this year. I knew it was time to purchase new flip flops but I really didn’t want to run out and buy a pair of cheap, thin flip flops that wouldn’t last long. We live on the coast and so during the summer, we wear flip flops a lot. I wanted the kids to have something with more support, but I also was looking for a good deal.
I went to Shoe Department and saw that they had Sperry Top-Sider flip flops for $19.99. I liked the flip flops and knew they had good support and wouldn’t fall apart quickly. I decided to stop by Rack Room Shoes to see if they had the same flip flops. If so, I could get the buy one get one 50% off sale. It turned out that Rack Room didn’t have the flip flops.
I stopped in to Shoe Department today to get the Sperrys for my daughter and was thankful to see they were marked down an additional 50% off! In fact, they have several different shoes in all departments that were marked an additional 50% off. Both of my kids were able to find flip flops today.
Sperry Top-Sider pink flip flops – regular price $29.99, on sale for $19.98, additional 50% off = $9.99
Crevo brown flip flops – regular price $27.99, on sale for $19.98, additional 50% off = $9.99
I just did a little research and found that the Sperry pink flip flops are on Amazon for $29.95 plus $5.95 shipping. The Crevo flip flops sell for $25.45 with free shipping.
I’m happy with today’s bargains and I’m also happy that I’m teaching my kids that they can shop smart and make money go further. 🙂
Hello everyone. I know. I know. I haven’t been posting much. Teaching first graders is tiring and takes a lot of time, but I love them. I’m not home for the summer yet. I just finished attending a math workshop and I have homework! I am also teaching summer school.
I spent some money today, which you all know is something I don’t do very often. One of the reasons I am teaching summer school is so that I will have some extra money to buy school clothes, shoes, birthday presents, and some household things we’ve been needing and/or wanting.
One of my stops today was Ross. I scored some bargains in there today. I think I spent two hours (by myself!) walking around that store. It was nice to shop with quiet. 🙂
My Ross bargains are:
- Phytorelax shampoo, 33 .9 oz for $6.99. I actually googled this on my phone while I was in the store to make sure it was a good deal. It sells for $19.69 on Amazon!
- Phytorelax condition, 33.9 oz for $3.99! I found this in the clearance section. Score!
- Anneliese shampoo, 33.8 oz for $1.99. This sells for $24.99 on Amazon. This was also in the clearance section. I am now stocked up on shampoo. What a deal!
- Toy Time dog rope tire toy for $3.99. This wasn’t on clearance, but still a great deal. Have you seen the prices of dog toys? Sheesh!
- Eight piece eye designer kit for $3.99. It sells for $16.99 on Amazon.
- Bed Head hair brush for $3.49. This was on clearance. It sells for $12.99 on Amazon.
- Ionika hair brush for $3.49. This was also on clearance. It sells for $14.99 on Amazon.
- Sanuk brand shoes for $17.99. What a deal! I was looking for some comfy work shoes. I may have to take these back though. I am wearing them inside the house to see how they fit. I think they might be too big.
- Pink Calvin Klein blouse for $20.99 on clearance. The Amazon Prime price for this shirt is $49.23. I am in desperate need of some work clothes. You don’t want to know how old the shirt is that I’m wearing and it was a hand-me-down.
- Two Match It! puzzles for $4.99. My students will enjoy playing these learning games during their learning station time. Our first unit of the year is All About Me so the All About Me puzzle will be perfect for that. I have a little bit of fundraiser money left in my school account, so I will get reimbursed for these.
Lexi wanted to get in the last picture. She wouldn’t move. No doubt she thought food was involved.
The last deal is a rug for my back door and laundry room. The old rug was falling apart and got thrown into the trash. I needed something for the back door that would do a good job catching dirt and water. The waffle print Eco Mat is supposed to do just that. It may sell for $26 on Amazon, but I only paid $7.99. Yay!
As you can see, I spent some money today, but I’d say that I saved way more than I spent.
What deals have you found lately?