May 3, 2011

Wordy Wednesday: My Garden, Week 1

This picture was taken a few days ago. Shown here are tomato and squash plants. In the last few days the jalapenos have started to sprout. I also planted a few more things including more tomatoes and squash as well as kale, asparagus, and bell peppers.

I know we’re a little late on getting our garden started.  We had started some seeds about a month ago and someone accidentally killed the plants.  Now we are starting over.  I hope we have been success this time.

Have you started a garden?

Karen

Comments

6 Responses to “Wordy Wednesday: My Garden, Week 1”
  1. 1
    Linette
    Twitter: linetteg
    says:

I have some tomatoes and peppers started indoors, but so far not much in the actual garden. I do have some cabbage and onions planted in some of our raised beds, but the garden itself has been too wet to work in. It just won’t stop raining here!

2. 2
    The Thrifty Mommy
    Twitter: thriftymommy
    says:

I’m glad I didn’t plant mine outside yet. We had some storms a few days ago which lowered the temperatures. I was able to bring them inside.

3. 3
    CC says:

Can you post an updated pic of your plants? I really want to start growing my own fruits and veggies, so I’d like some hope. 🙂

I realize that it’s far too late for certain types of crops, but I’m hoping I can get into the game soon. What could I plant this time of year? What should I plant if I want a fall harvest?

4. 4
    The Thrifty Mommy
    Twitter: thriftymommy
    says:

CC, Unfortunately it has been terribly hot and dry in NC so they are not doing so well. My hubby bought some stuff this weekend though so that we can put the water sprinkler on each night. I’m hoping it will help!

5. 5
    The Thrifty Mommy
    Twitter: thriftymommy
    says:

CC, What state do you live in?

6. 6
    CC says:

Karen, I live in Ohio. It’s been a super-soaker kind of year, but we’ve just recently (in the last week or two) started seeing that big yellow thing in the dry sky..the sun! We seem to have skipped spring and jumped directly into summer. It’s been in the 90’s. Is there something I can grow inside besides herbs?