For Christmas this year, I decided to try a different dessert. I admit I did not create this recipe. It is floating around the internet and in magazines, so I am not sure who created it.
- 1 pkg Oreos, finely crushed (including white part of cookie)
- 1 8 oz block of softened cream cheese
- white or milk chocolate baker’s chocolate/almond bark (I used an entire 1 lb package and 2 squares from another package.)
- Crush Oreos. I put mine in a gallon size ziploc bag and crushed them using a rolling pin. I’m sure this would be much easier with a food processor.
- Add crushed Oreos and softenened cream cheese to a medium sized mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to blend together well. You will need to pull the Oreo batter out of the beaters a few times.
- Shape Oreo mix into small balls.
- Microwave chocolate for about 2 1/2 minutes or until the chocolate is melted. You’ll need to stir the chocolate throughout the heating process.
- Dip into melted chocolate and place on waxed paper covered cookie sheet. (I found it is easiest to dip the truffles into a bowl of chocolate and use forks to pull them out of the chocolate.)
- Sprinkle truffles with sprinkles, crushed cookies, or swirl on a different color of melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate or freeze until firm. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
You can find almond bark in the baking section of grocery stores or you can use meltable candy chocolate found at craft stores such as Michaels.