One way to really cut on your food budget is to grow your own foods. I know many of you have gardens at home, so here is another summertime recipe for you.
Sunday a friend at church gave us three extra large cucumbers so hubby made up a batch of his cucumber salad. It is so delicious. He changed it a little bit this time by adding cilantro and it gave the salad a little something unexpected and yummy. Feel free to change this recipe. This salad is never made exactly the same. Hubby wanted to put bacon in the salad this time, but we didn’t have any.
Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 3 extra large cucumbers, diced
- diced tomatoes (we prefer Roma)
- diced onions (red or white)
- diced ham (We get a thick slice from the deli.)
- shredded cheese (We used Colby Jack this time.)
- ranch salad dressing
- garlic powder
- tomato boullion (We use this as a sprinkle seasoning.)
- Sriracha sauce, optional
Combine cucumber, tomato, onions, and cilantro. Add ranch, mayonnaise, and seasonings to taste. Stir in chopped ham and shredded cheese. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
image (c) Karen Weideman